Peloton Rumors, Announcements & Breaking News
Your resource & guide for Peloton rumors, announcements & breaking news, from the newest instructors, new product information (Peloton Rower, Generation 2 Treadmill, Smart bike, etc), and much more!
Looking for what’s next in the Peloton World? You’ve come to the right place. Below, you’ll find some of the most recent news from Peloton, as well as what Peloton is working on next. Please Note – this page does not contain all our news articles, just some major highlights! To see our full list of news articles, click here.
New Peloton Devices – Rower, Version 2 (Cheaper) Treadmill, Version 2 Smart Bike
Each product has it’s own dedicated portal with the latest news & rumors for each product there. Click into the specific product you want to find more information about. Some of the most recent news about them are listed below, but click into a product page for more information.
Peloton Product Information Pages
- Peloton Rower
- Generation 2 Lower Cost Peloton Tread
- Peloton Smart Bike (Version 2 Hardware of Peloton Bike) – Portal Coming Soon
Latest Peloton Hardware News & Rumors & Announcements
- 4/3/20 – New hardware is rumored to be announced the weekend of May 1-3
- 1/7/20 – CES 2020 has come and gone with no Peloton product announcements
- 1/6/20 – FCC Filing reveals smaller Peloton tablet touch screen – for rower or Version 2 Peloton Tread?
- 11/14/19 – Bloomberg News report confirming Peloton Rower & Generation 2 Peloton Tread
New Peloton Instructors & Coaching Changes & Other Rumors & Announcements
- 4/6/20 – Peloton has cancelled all live classes until at least April 30th.
- 4/3/20 – Peloton will cancel all classes until 4/7/20 due to a studio employee testing positive for COVID-19.
- 4/3/20 – Peloton has added new family classes.
- 4/2/20 – The Peloton digital app is now available on Android TV.
- 3/25/20 – Peloton has added new dance cardio classes.
- 3/22/20 – Peloton has temporarily suspended Tread sales and modified bike delivery practices.
- 3/20/20 – An order that all non-essential workers in the state of New York must stay at home will likely force the temporarily suspension of all live classes from the New York City peloton studios. The order goes into effect Sunday night.
- 3/15/20 – Peloton CEO John Foley released a letter outlining the steps Peloton will take to combat the pandemic. It includes the closure of the studios to the public, closing of Peloton retail stores, and other steps.
- 3/13/20 – Peloton first announced a reduction in the number of live classes, but then announced that the studios would be closed to the public in a response to current pandemic. Classes will still film & stream live, but with an empty studio. This applies to both the NYC and UK studios.
- 3/12/20 – Peloton has cancelled Peloton Homecoming 2020.
- 3/6/20 – A class listing appeared stating that March 19th will be the first official class in the new Hudson Yard studios.
- 1/18/20 – Christine D’Ercole and Olivia Amato were officially announced as new power zone instructors in the 2 for 1 live power zone ride today. Find their upcoming live power zone rides (starting Monday) in the link.
- 1/17/20 – A screenshot has been shared that appears to show Olivia Amato as a new power zone coach, with her first class on February 3rd, 2020. The schedule has since been tweaked, so stay tuned for more on this one
- 1/16/20 – Homecoming 2020 pricing & on sale date announced – Tickets for Peloton Homecoming 2020 will cost $95 and go on sale February 12th, 2020 @ 12pm ET.
- 1/13/20 – Erik Jäger officially confirmed as new German Coach – Peloton confirmed the news we reported two weeks ago – Erik Jäger has joined Peloton as a new cycling instructor teaching German language classes. His premiere class is 1/14/20 @ 12:30pm ET.
- 1/4/20 – Christine D’Ercole to be newest Power Zone Instructor? – Christine announced that there would be no more heart rate zone classes. Some of the language in her email indicates that she might be the next power zone instructor that John Foley mentioned
- 1/2/20 – New German Coach – Erik Jäger – A class listing popped up in the schedule revealing January 14th as the first class for Erik Jäger, the unannounced German Peloton instructor. We also compare a video he made from the rooftop of the Peloton studio.
- 12/28/19 – New Power Zone Instructors to be announced – Peloton CEO John Foley sent an email out to members, and reveals that new Power Zone Instructors would be added in 2020.