PELOTON RUMORS, ANNOUNCEMENTS & BREAKING NEWS
Peloton Rumors, Announcements & Breaking News
Your resource & guide for Peloton rumors, announcements & breaking news, from the newest instructors, new product information (Peloton Rower, Generation 2 Treadmill, Smart bike, etc), and much more!
Looking for what’s next in the Peloton World? You’ve come to the right place. Below, you’ll find some of the most recent news from Peloton, as well as what Peloton is working on next. Please Note – this page does not contain all our news articles, just some major highlights! To see our full list of news articles, click here.
New Peloton Devices Rumors – Rower, Version 2 (Cheaper) Treadmill, Version 2 Smart Bike
Each product has it’s own dedicated portal with the latest news & rumors for each product there. Click into the specific product you want to find more information about. Some of the most recent news about them are listed below, but click into a product page for more information.
Peloton Product Information Pages
- Peloton Rower
- Peloton Guide AI Camera
- Peloton Strength Device
- Peloton Tread – Generation 2 Lower Cost Peloton Tread
- Peloton Bike+ – Smart Bike / Version 2 Hardware of Peloton Bike
Latest Peloton Hardware, Programs, Coaches, Misc News & Rumors & Announcements
- 11/9/21 – Peloton has announced the Peloton Guide strength device, and the Peloton Heart Rate Band.
- 10/12/21 – Documents from Peloton from 2018 specifically mention Peloton rowing classes, and plans for UK yoga instructors & classes
- 10/11/21 – There will be a temporary Peloton west coast “secondary studio” while Cody is on DWTS.
- 10/9/21 – There will be no live classes from Oct 10-12.
- 10/7/21 – New Dance Cardio classes are available, with a cameo from Usher.
- 10/5/21 – The first job postings for Summer 2022 internships are available.
- 10/4/21 – New Peloton cycling coach Camila Ramon will teach classes in both Spanish & English.
September 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 9/30/21 – The new customer support center in Ireland is being scaled back in size.
- 9/30/21 – New Tread Coach Marina Andresen announced.
- 9/29/21 – The “Peloton Digital” subscription will be called the “Peloton App” subscription moving forward.
- 9/29/21 – New Tread Coach Tobias Heinze announced.
- 9/28/21 – The Peloton Tread is now onsale in Germany.
- 9/26/21 – A new FCC filing shows a refreshed Peloton bike screen.
- 9/24/21 – Peloton has been offering a discount on refurbished Peloton bikes.
- 9/20/21 – Peloton has hit by an hours-long outage.
- 9/18/21 – The Peloton Pause button was talked about in a recent class.
- 9/16/21 – A new Peloton product (the “Peloton Guide”) was revealed today in the intro to a yoga class by accident.
- 9/10/21 – Two new UK Tread coaches announced: Susie Chan & Jermaine Johnson.
- 9/9/21 – New Peloton instructor rumor: Jon Hosking.
- 9/8/21 – Cody Rigsby will be competing on Dancing With The Stars this season.
- 9/7/21 – New Peloton coach rumor: Jermaine Johnson.
- 9/7/21 – Peloton confirmed the UK studio will open September 14th, UK Tread classes will start soon, and new coaches will be announced soon.
- 9/1/21 – Schematics for the upcoming Peloton Output Park factory indicate plans are in place for the Peloton Rower, as there are locations set aside for “Rower Testing”.
August 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 8/31/21 – Peloton CEO John Foley recently spoke about potential new products and when they might be available.
- 8/30/21 – The Tread is officially available for sale again in the US, UK, and Canada.
- 8/27/21 – 3 New coaches are announced: Daniel McKenna, Kirsten Ferguson, and Marcel Dinkins.
- 8/26/21 – Peloton has lowered the cost of the original Peloton bike by $400, bringing the cost to $1,495.
- 8/26/21 – New supply chain reports have said the Peloton Rower, Peloton Focus, and Peloton Heart Rate band are on their way soon (though Rower is likely 2022).
- 8/24/21 – The new, lower cost Peloton Tread will be back available for sale again starting on August 30th.
- 8/20/21 – A new report indicates that the Peloton Android app contains mentions of the Peloton Rower.
- 8/20/21 – There is now confirmation about Peloton opening a member support center in Ireland.
- 8/19/21 – New Coach Rumor: Joslyn Thompson Rule.
- 8/16/21 – New Coach Rumor: Marcel Dinkins.
- 8/16/21 – The CPSC has approved a fix for the lower cost Peloton Tread.
- 8/14/21 – Another on-demand library class purge took place.
- 8/11/21 – Peloton held a groundbreaking ceremony for their first US factory, the Peloton Output Park.
- 8/10/21 – Peloton will open a new customer support office in Tempe, Arizona.
July 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 7/30/21 – A new job listing mentions the Peloton Rower.
- 7/26/21 – New rumors about the Peloton Rower, including the possibility of real time form feedback.
- 7/26/21 – Peloton announced new German-language strength coach Marcel Maurer.
- 7/21/21 – Some more details about Peloton Lanebreak.
- 7/20/21 – Peloton has made a partnership with United Healthcare offering free membership.
- 7/19/21 – There will be a Peloton Video game called Lanebreak released in the next year.
- 7/14/21 – Peloton Australia has officially launched.
- 7/14/21 – A new FCC document shows a possible updated new Bike monitor & tablet for the original Peloton bike.
- 7/6/21 – A new survey indicates there might be two Peloton strength products – the Peloton Focus & Peloton Platform.
June 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 6/14/21 – Rad Lopez & Callie Gullickson have both been officially announced & confirmed as new Peloton coaches.
- 6/11/21 – Rumor that former boxing coach Rad Lopez will be the newest Peloton instructor soon.
- 6/10/21 – It looks like Peloton will be releasing a new heart rate monitor (the Peloton Heart Rate Band) soon.
- 6/8/21 – New FCC documents show a 2nd generation Peloton Tread+ tablet.
- 6/7/21 – Peloton has filed for trademarks to cover a Peloton wearable & fitness tracker.
- 6/3/21 – There is now a permanent discount program for Peloton digital for teachers, students, military, medical workers & first responders.
May 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 5/25/21 – A new report indicates Peloton is testing a new product, codenamed “Tiger”, which may be the rumored Peloton strength device
- 5/24/21 – Peloton announced plans for their first US factory, called the Peloton Output Park (POP), planned to open in 2023.
- 5/21/21 – A new rumor indicates Peloton has likely acquired Latitude 32 – a consumer electronic company with experience designing wearables & fitness devices.
- 5/21/21 – It is officially confirmed that Irene Scholz will be leaving Peloton.
- 5/20/21 – Peloton is surveying members about Peloton boxing classes.
- 5/18/21 – The Tread lock safety passcode is rolling out
- 5/15/21 – Information points to the possibility of Irene Scholz leaving Peloton.
- 5/11/21 – Peloton CEO John Foley teased new products coming in the next year on the roadmap.
- 5/5/21 – Peloton has announced a voluntary recall of both the Tread & Tread+.
April 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 4/30/21 – Peloton made a number of new feature announcements today during Peloton Homecoming: Strive Score, Programs 2.0, Scenic Workout Relaunch, Pause Button & Tread Metrics.
- 4/29/21 – Another rumored new training program is the “Build Your Power Zones” plan, designed as a follow up to Discover your Power Zones.
- 4/27/21 – Peloton is rumored to be launching a beginner run training program (think Couch to 5K) called “You Can Run”.
- 4/27/21 – Ben Alldis will start teaching power zone classes..
- 4/22/21 – Consumer reports has removed the Peloton Tread+ and no longer recommends it.
- 4/20/21 – Spanish language Peloton classes are now available.
- 4/20/21 – 3 new Yoga coaches were announced: Mariana Fernández, Kirra Michel & Nico Sarani.
- 4/19/21 – 3 new yoga coaches will be announced tomorrow: we speculate they could be Mariana Fernández, Kirra Michel & Nico Sarani.
- 4/19/21 – Peloton is refreshing the Peloton Yoga programs.
- 4/19/21 – Peloton CEO John Foley has responded to the safety warning and said no recall is planned.
- 4/17/21 – The CPSC safety agency has issued an urgent safety warning over the Peloton Tread+
- 4/16/21 – More details about Peloton Homecoming 2021 were announced today.
- 4/15/21 – Peloton has confirmed that Apple Gymkit support is disabled for Bike Bootcamp classes.
- 4/15/21 – New Coach Rumor: Kirsten Ferguson is rumored to be a new Peloton coach.
- 4/14/21 – A new Champions Collection will see Peloton team up with 9 pro athletes like Usain Bolt.
- 4/6/21 – Peloton has added more pilates classes & coaches.
- 4/1/21 – The Peloton aquisition of Precor has been finalized & completed.
March 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 3/29/21 – The Peloton Yoga studio will be closed for 3 weeks.
- 3/29/21 – Peloton & Verzuz are teaming up for new monthly artist series.
- 3/27/21 – Several hints are being dropped that boxing will be announced as a Peloton class soon.
- 3/24/21 – Bradley Rose has been confirmed as the newest Peloton instructor.
- 3/23/21 – Peloton CEO John Foley said the Rower & Strength Hardware were “good guesses” as to what may be next.
- 3/22/21 – Four acquisitions are confirmed by Bloomberg today: Otari Mat, Peerfit, Atlas Wearables, and Aiqudo.
- 3/14/21 – A Peloton x Adidas collaboration should be launching soon.
February 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 2/27/21 – Full breakdown & stats about the latest purge of classes from the on-demand library.
- 2/24/21 – New Peloton Coach rumor – Callie Gullickson.
- 2/20/21 – Fortune Magazine had an article this month where they discuss that they might have seen the Peloton Rower in a R&D lab.
- 2/17/21 – Peloton CEO John Foley spoke about Peloton’s potential plans for strength hardware.
- 2/12/21 – Spanish language Peloton classes appear to be in the works.
- 2/10/21 – Peloton has officially released the “Peloton Scheduling” feature for the iOS app.
- 2/9/21 – The Peloton Tread is now available for purchase in Canada
- 2/9/21 – Peloton appears to be getting ready to release a new calendar feature in their iOS app.
- 2/8/21 – A new rumor indicates Daniel ‘Yankee’ McKenna could be one of the newest Peloton instructors.
- 2/5/21 – New rumors indicate that Peloton could be expanding to Australia in the future.
- 2/4/21 – The US launch of the new Tread was delayed
January 2021 Peloton Rumors
- 1/30/21 – A rumor indicates Peloton Homecoming 2021 will be a virtual weekend from April 30 – May 2, 2021.
- 1/14/21 – Peloton has officially launched the long-requested class stacking feature.
- 1/5/21 – Peloton is conducting some research around whether a pause button should be added to the Bike & Tread, and how it should impact the leaderboard.
- 1/1/21 – We have a new page to track rumors & information about the potential of a Peloton strength device & hardware.
December 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 12/30/20 – The free trial for Peloton Digital has temporarily been extended from 30 to 60 days.
- 12/28/20 – New coaches are being teased by Peloton.
- 12/21/20 – Peloton is acquiring Precor for $420 million.
- 12/18/20 – Peloton has launched new prenatal strength & cycling classes, and will launch postnatal classes in 2021.
- 12/17/20 – A new rumor indicates Peloton will get a new coach, Yoga instructor Mariana Fernández.
- 12/16/20 – Peloton’s Pilates program officially launched.
- 12/15/20 – Peloton announced 2 new German Peloton coaches: Cliff Dwenger and Mayla Wedekind
- 12/11/10 – We’re hearing that Pilates is coming soon to Peloton.
- 12/11/20 – A new rumor indicates that the newest Peloton instructor will be Bradley Rose.
- 12/21/20 – Peloton is acquiring Precor for $420 million.
- 12/3/20 – An analysis of how many classes were removed from each instructor in the latest on-demand library class purge
- 12/2/20 – A new “Class Stacking” (taking classes back to back) feature is reportedly coming soon
- 12/2/20 – Tunde Oyeneyin will also start teaching Bike Bootcamp classes
November 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 11/23/20 – The Peloton instructors may be teasing the addition of a new coach (or playing a prank on us)
- 11/13/20 – We have a first impressions & hands-on review of the new lower cost Peloton Tread
- 11/10/20 – Peloton has announced an artist series with Beyonce and a multi-year partnership
- 11/9/20 – The lower cost Tread will be available for sale on February 9th in Canada, and a few US states: Florida, Illinois, New York, Oregon, and Texas. It will be available nationwide across the US on March 30th.
- 11/5/20 – The new lower cost Peloton Tread should be available to try out in Peloton showrooms by Thanksgiving
- 11/2/20 – Peloton will be launching a new beta feature called “Sessions”, which allows for members to create group rides & runs for friends, family, & teammates
October 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 10/29/20 – A new “Not Taken By Me” class filter is starting to roll out, starting with Android users
- 10/29/20 – There will not be a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale on the Bike, Bike+, or Tread in the US or Canada this year (normally a free accessories package)
- 10/12/20 – New coaches due to be announced soon, including German fitness trainer Cliff Dwenger
- 10/11/20 – A new “Skip Intro” button is coming soon (some people already have it).
- 10/7/20 – Peloton is rolling out a new feature & product testing program – the “Field Testing Community”
September 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 9/30/20 – Jess King has been officially announced as a Tread instructor.
- 9/20/20 – Peloton Barre Classes are launching on September 21st.
- 9/15/20 – Peloton’s Bike Bootcamp classes have officially launched.
- 9/11/20 – Peloton will eventually have a certified pre-owned purchase program, so you can buy your bike used directly from Peloton.
- 9/10/20 – Peloton’s Q4 2020 and full year 2020 earnings call was today.
- 9/10/20 – We have a Hands on review & demo of the Bike+ and all the new features.
- 9/9/20 – The Bike+ became availble for sale around 7am ET. We have a new page covering the new features, specs, and a bunch of FAQs about the new bike!
- 9/8/20 – New Tread and Bike+ are officially announced, as well as a trade-in program.
- 9/7/20 – Bloomberg also reports that bike-based bootcamps are coming soon.
- 9/7/20 – The Peloton bike will be permanently discounted 12% to £1,750 in the UK. This could mean a price drop to $1975 in the US. Members who purchased in the last 30 days, and those who haven’t received deliveries yet, should get automated refunds.
- 9/6/20 – Some code on the bike appears to reveal codenames for the Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread, and Peloton Rower, and also indicates the new products will have GymKit.
- 9/4/20 – Bloomberg has a report confirming the new premium bike (Bike+) and lower cost Tread (Tread).
- 9/2/20 – We have what appears to be the first image of the upcoming new lower cost Peloton Tread.
August 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 8/27/20 – A new patent application from Peloton surfaced today – this article looks at what it might mean.
- 8/25/20 – Evidence is pointing towards Peloton developing their own smart connected strength training device to compete with Tonal & others.
- 8/21/20 – New images appear to indicate Jess King will start teaching Tread and/or bootcamp classes (soon?)
- 8/17/20 – Peloton has begun to add difficulty rating labels to cycling classes.
- 8/14/20 – All Jennifer Jacobs & Steven Little rides, as well as most rides from any instructor from 2016 or earlier, have been purged from the Peloton on-demand library.
- 8/14/20 – The Peloton Comeback program is expanding to the UK, and will start off by giving away 50 free bikes.
- 8/13/20 – Apple is rumored to be launching Apple Fitness in October, which will offer virtual fitness classes, including cycling.
- 8/11/20 – The Android app now supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
- 8/10/20 – Peloton has hired Dara Treseder and promoted Karina Koga to SVP positions.
- 8/4/20 – Peloton’s Q4 earnings call will take place on Sept 10th @ 5:00pm ET.
July 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 7/30/20 – A new lawsuit seeks to become a class action suit about Peloton’s class purges.
- 7/28/20 – Peloton & Spotify have a new partnership, with new “Housewerk” themed classes.
- 7/27/20 – Peloton has refiled their FCC documents, restarting the timer for new product launches, which should occur this year.
- 7/26/20 – Peloton has had their first class be taken one million times.
- 7/24/20 – Peloton is adding more class times in early evening & morning UK time.
- 7/23/20 – Peloton’s latest apparel collection, the Summer 2 Collection, went live in the apparel store today.
- 7/16/20 – A new report says the low cost Peloton tread is due to be released in Q3 2020 – August or September.
- 7/9/20 – Some Peloton showrooms have begun reopening.
- 7/8/20 – Pelothon 2020 has gone live, and we have a full guide & breakdown to Pelothon 2020.
- 7/6/20 – There will be a Pelothon 2020 this summer, a new 4 week challenge that will also raise money and awareness for global hunger causes.
- 7/1/20 – The Peloton app for Roku went live this morning.
June 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 6/30/20 – Peloton reach out to Tempo with interest in acquiring them earlier this year.
- 6/29/20 – Mirror, another major player in the connected fitness space, has been purchased by Lululemon for $500 million.
- 6/25/20 – Peloton will have 5 different All For One workouts over the 4th of July weekend.
- 6/23/20 – Peloton will invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity.
- 6/22/20 – Cody Rigsby will start teaching meditation classes, 6 are available on-demand now.
- 6/15/20 – Peloton is starting to resume Tread sales in specific locations – for now it looks like Colorado, Florida, and Texas.
- 6/3/20 – Peloton filed notice with the FCC a note saying they need to delay their product launch plans.
- 6/2/20 – Peloton has released their Apple TV app.
May 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 5/27/20 – Peloton officially confirmed what we reported earlier in the week, and Dr. Chelsea Jackson Roberts has been added as the newest Yoga & Meditation coach.
- 5/26/20 – ESPN will broadcast a “Peloton All-Star Ride” on Saturday May 30th @ 12pm ET.
- 5/25/20 – We’ve been tipped off that a new Peloton Yoga instructor is likely to be named soon, and is likely to be Dr. Chelsea Jackson Roberts.
- 5/21/20 – Live classes from studios will resume starting May 26th, though the studio will remain closed to the public for a few more weeks.
- 5/19/20 – Adrian Williams will be announced as a new Peloton Tread & Strength coach, as first teased during the “Together We Go Far” talk with John Foley. Stretching and running classes appeared today, filmed in the new PSNY studios.
- 5/8/20 – Peloton will celebrate Asian Heritage month with some special workouts – the first of which is a AHM Yoga Flow on Saturday, May 9, at 2:30 PM ET with Aditi Shah.
- 5/8/20 – Peloton has created “Peloton Quests”, a game where users can get a special badge by taking a random on-demand class that corresponds to a clue Peloton posts on social media.
- 5/6/20 – On Peloton’s Q3 earnings call, John Foley said that they still are working on new products, but they are delayed. They do still plan to announce/launch new products, but said they aren’t ready to reveal the timing yet on it. They did reiterate their commitment to having the best treadmill at a lower price point
- 5/6/20 – Peloton said that the pause on new Tread sales is expected to continue until the end of the Fiscal Year 2020 (i.e. at least until June 30, 2020.)
- 5/2/20 – Peloton announced new instructors for Tread and Yoga are coming soon.
- 5/2/20 – No product announcements were made during Peloton CEO John Foley’s broadcast talk segment as part of Together We Go Far Weekend / Virtual Homecoming 2020
April 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 4/29/20 – It’s official – Oliver Lee is no longer with Peloton. He is no longer on the coaches page, and Peloton has removed his on-demand classes.
- 4/28/20 – Rumors have it that Oliver Lee is no longer with Peloton. More information on this to come.
- 4/28/20 – A new “Tags” feature has launched, bringing tribes & communities to the Leaderboard. We have a video demo, tutorial, and some FAQs here.
- 4/27/20 – Peloton is hosting a “Together We Go Far” weekend, over the same weekend Homecoming 2020 would have taken place.
- 4/21/20 – Peloton is launching a new “Live From Home” series, featuring live classes from the coaches houses.
- 4/6/20 – Peloton has cancelled all live classes until at least April 30th.
- 4/5/20 – Images & specs of a new tablet, expected to be used for new Peloton products, have been leaked
- 4/3/20 – New hardware is rumored to be announced the weekend of May 1-3
- 4/3/20 – Peloton will cancel all classes until 4/7/20.
- 4/3/20 – Peloton has added new family classes.
- 4/2/20 – The Peloton digital app is now available on Android TV.
March 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 3/25/20 – Peloton has added new dance cardio classes.
- 3/22/20 – Peloton has temporarily suspended Tread sales and modified bike delivery practices.
- 3/20/20 – An order that all non-essential workers in the state of New York must stay at home will likely force the temporarily suspension of all live classes from the New York City peloton studios. The order goes into effect Sunday night.
- 3/15/20 – Peloton CEO John Foley released a letter outlining the steps Peloton will take to for safety over the next few months. It includes the closure of the studios to the public, closing of Peloton retail stores, and other steps.
- 3/13/20 – Peloton first announced a reduction in the number of live classes, but then announced that the studios would be closed to the public. Classes will still film & stream live, but with an empty studio. This applies to both the NYC and UK studios.
- 3/12/20 – Peloton has cancelled Peloton Homecoming 2020.
- 3/6/20 – A class listing appeared stating that March 19th will be the first official class in the new Hudson Yard studios.
January 2020 Peloton Rumors
- 1/18/20 – Christine D’Ercole and Olivia Amato were officially announced as new power zone instructors in the 2 for 1 live power zone ride today. Find their upcoming live power zone rides (starting Monday) in the link.
- 1/17/20 – A screenshot has been shared that appears to show Olivia Amato as a new power zone coach, with her first class on February 3rd, 2020. The schedule has since been tweaked, so stay tuned for more on this one
- 1/16/20 – Homecoming 2020 pricing & on sale date announced – Tickets for Peloton Homecoming 2020 will cost $95 and go on sale February 12th, 2020 @ 12pm ET.
- 1/13/20 – Erik Jäger officially confirmed as new German Coach – Peloton confirmed the news we reported two weeks ago – Erik Jäger has joined Peloton as a new cycling instructor teaching German language classes. His premiere class is 1/14/20 @ 12:30pm ET.
- 1/7/20 – CES 2020 has come and gone with no Peloton product announcements
- 1/6/20 – FCC Filing reveals smaller Peloton tablet touch screen – for rower or Version 2 Peloton Tread?
- 1/4/20 – Christine D’Ercole to be newest Power Zone Instructor? – Christine announced that there would be no more heart rate zone classes. Some of the language in her email indicates that she might be the next power zone instructor that John Foley mentioned
- 1/2/20 – New German Coach – Erik Jäger – A class listing popped up in the schedule revealing January 14th as the first class for Erik Jäger, the unannounced German Peloton instructor. We also compare a video he made from the rooftop of the Peloton studio.
December 2019 Peloton Rumors
- 12/28/19 – New Power Zone Instructors to be announced – Peloton CEO John Foley sent an email out to members, and reveals that new Power Zone Instructors would be added in 2020.