Peloton performed class library maintenance early in the day on August 18, 2023, resulting in the removal of classes filmed between January 18 and February 4, 2020 – just over two weeks’ worth of content.
Throughout the past few months, removals have typically taken place later in the afternoon or evening, but this week the classes were removed before 6:00am ET.
Update – After initially being purged, Peloton restored the Billie Eilish and Guns N’ Roses artist series from this two time week period. We’ll update the list below with these classes shortly as being saved. These were restored within 24 hours of being removed.
18 classes were exempted from the purge this week. The majority of classes were Power Zone rides, but note that this time period marks when instructors Olivia Amato and Chrstine D’Ercole were added to the Power Zone team. In addition, special themed classes continue to be preserved, as well as Sundays with Love Ride. There is also a seemingly random 5 minute cool down that remains in the on–demand library.
You can find the complete list of classes that were kept during the latest round of class library maintenance below:
- 60 min. Two For One: Power Zone Ride – Matt Wilpers & Denis Morton – 1/18/20 @ 1:00pm ET
- 20 min. FTP Test Ride – Christine D’Ercole – 1/18/20 @ 2:00pm ET
- 10 min. FTP Warm Up Ride – Christine D’Ercole – 1/18/20 @ 2:00pm ET
- 20 min. FTP Test Ride – Olivia Amato – 1/18/20 @ 2:00pm ET
- 10 min. FTP Warm Up Ride – Olivia Amato – 1/18/20 @ 2:00pm ET
- 20 min. Power Zone Beginner Ride – Olivia Amato – 1/18/20 @ 2:00pm ET
- 30 min. Power Zone Ride – Matt Wilpers – 1/18/20 @ 5:15pm ET
- 30 min. Sundays with Love Ride – Ally Love – 1/19/20 @ 11:45am ET
- 30 min. Power Zone Ride – Christine D’Ercole – 1/20/20 @ 10:30am ET
- 45 min. Power Zone Ride – Christine D’Ercole – 1/22/20 @ 6:30pm ET
- 45 min. Power Zone Ride – Matt Wilpers – 1/23/20 @ 6:00am ET
- 45 min. Power Zone Ride – Denis Morton – 1/20/20 @ 8:00am ET
- 30 min. Sundays with Love Ride – Ally Love – 1/26/20 @ 11:45am ET
- 5 min. Cool Down Ride – Denis Morton – 1/28/20 @ 6:30am ET
- 15 min. FTP Warm Up Ride – Matt Wilpers – 1/30/20 @ 8:00am ET
- 20 min. Power Zone Beginner Ride – Matt Wilpers – 1/30/20 @ 8:30am ET
- 30 min. Sundays with Love Ride – Ally Love – 2/2/20 @ 11:45am ET
- 30 min. Basquiat Celebration Yoga Flow – Ross Rayburn – 2/3/20 @ 6:00pm ET
As a reminder, class library maintenance is Peloton’s removal of older classes from the on demand library, which is now taking place almost weekly on Fridays, as announced in April of 2023. Purges have occurred regularly since then, and you can find the details of each removal in our overview articles: April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, August 4, and August 11.
You can read more details regarding the process and rationale behind class library maintenance via our article from the time of the announcement.
Were any of your favorite classes removed or preserved this time around?
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.