Pelo Buddy TV is an unofficial weekly TV show & Peloton podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 102 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 102 in your player of choice!
This episode is hosted by Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania).
This week we cover the following Peloton news stories & updates:
- Peloton shared a statement in the OPP that Daniel McKenna is no longer a Peloton instructor.
- Peloton laid off 500 more employees on Thursday, and is said to be exploring a sale of Precor.
- New patent applications reveal a possible new Peloton strength product – a strength platform.
- There will be a Peloton bike in every Hilton Hotel in the US by the end of the year.
- Peloton may add financing options for the Peloton Row once the presale is over.
- Camila Ramon is now teaching Tread classes, and had her premiere run on Wednesday.
- There was a FKA Twigs artist series over the weekend.
- It looks like like there will be a Babyface artist series at the end of the month.
- Denis Morton teamed up with Jessie James Decker for the new episode of “On The Leaderboard”
- Hannah F, Alex T, Robin A, and Jon H were all in LA filming something for Peloton.
- Hannah Frankson has also been spotted in New York recording or practicing in the studio there.
- It was announced that Peloton & lululemon have settled their lawsuit over apparel.
- Peloton will have no live classes from October 10-12 for another “Pause and Reflect”
- The “Add to Calendar” feature is back on web browsers for adding upcoming classes to your calendar.
- Peloton has added a new feature so that if your phone is on iOS 16, you can add a Peloton lock screen widget.
- The “Just Work Out” feature is finally starting to roll out for Android.
- The free trial for the Peloton app will be 60 days in October, rather than the normal 30.
- If your walk miles weren’t counting as part of the October Run challenge, exit and rejoin the challenge.
- Peloton will be celebrating UK Black History Month in October.
- Marcel Maurer had a meet & greet this week at the Hamburg Peloton showroom.
- The Simpsons heavily featured Peloton in an episode this week
- Happy Birthday to Nico Sarani this past week.
- Callie Gullickson was interviewed by Shape.
- Kirsten Ferguson was interviewed on NBC Boston.
Recommended Peloton Classes of the Week
Each week, our viewers along with our co-hosts Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania) share some classes that were worth checking out from the last week. You can find them below. As always keep in mind there are hundreds of classes every week, so it’s impossible for this to be a completely comprehensive list! If you have some to share, be sure to submit your favorites via a post we make in our Instagram stories either on Wednesday or Thursday nights. The leaderboard name of the member(s) who suggested it to us is at the end of each class name.
- Kristin McGee – 20 min EDM Pilates – 9/29/22 @ 9:30am ET (#Jesse.Bennett_)
- Matty Maggiacomo – 45 min 80s Outdoor Walk – 9/30/22 @ 11:00am ET (#Ark.1072)
- Sam Yo – 30 min Rock Ride – 9/30/22 @ 2:00pm ET (#Kapow_Kate, #RockEm79)
- Cody & Camila – 30 min Bad Bunny Two For One Ride – 10/1/22 @ 9:30am ET (#CurveyGingerMom, #EeveeLove, #OlingerDebbie, #Gab1223, #CarmelCornKate, #Mrs.BurrIsColdInHere)
- Kendall Toole – 30 min Country Pop Ride – 10/2/22 @ 8:00am ET (#Fetch_It_Gretch, #LaurenPaauwe, #DaisyMac, #D_Hulbz)
- Tunde Oyeneyin – 45 min Bike Bootcamp: Full Body – 10/2/22 @ 10:00pm ET (#EmyChristensen)
- Mila, Erik, Benny, Cliff & Charlotte – 30 min Unity Ride [German] – 10/3/22 @ 2:00am ET (#Seglo3, #Sally2832)
- Jeffrey, Marcel & Tobias – 30 min Unity Run [German] – 10/3/22 @ 3:00am ET (#Seglo3, #BerthaC_RunsMD)
- Hannah Corbin – 30 min Barre – 10/3/22 @ 9:30am ET (#AMajar3)
- Denis Morton – 30 min Rock Ride – 10/3/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#EBurtonBrown)
- Marcel Dinkins – 30 min Hip Hop Run – 10/3/22 @ 7:00pm ET (#MandyRose)
- Adrian Williams – 30 min Our Future Selves: Adam Grant & Ashton Kutcher – 10/4/22 @ 10:00am ET (#NellieNelleP)
- Rad Lopez – 20 min Arms & Shoulder Strength – 10/4/22 @ 10:30am ET (#HeyyyItsEricM)
- Marcel Maruer – 30 min Disney Run [German] – 10/4/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#Katie98Rides)
- Susie Chan – 20 min Classic Rock Walk – 10/04/22 @ 2:00pm ET (#Milly)
- Kirra Michel – 30 min Evening Slow Flow – 10/4/22 @ 7:05pm ET (#QueenOfDonuts98, #WolffPack203, #Kirras.Koalas)
- Alex Toussaint – 20 min 80s Ride – 10/5/22 @ 2:00pm ET (#Kenny_Bania)
- Camila Ramon – 20 min Premiere Run – 10/5/22 @ 7:00pm ET (#PlantPoweredM0m, #Jackiikcaj, #Mrs_Shatsky, #AFitCookie)
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.
Hi There!! Do you know the best way on how to go about booking live in studio classes in nyc?
I’m also checking and it always says FULL!
My husband and I want to plan a trip to nyc to take a live class and enjoy a little bit of nyc. Whatever you can share would be helpful. Thank you! Lisa