Pelo Buddy TV is a new unofficial weekly TV show & Peloton podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 21 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 20 in your player of choice!
Listen to Podcast: Episode 21 – January 10th, 2021
This week, we interview Antonia Passmore (#BuzzyBirdUK), discussing her journey with Stage 4 breast cancer, and cover the following topics:
- Peloton is surveying some members about a pause button on the Bike or Tread. Could this mean a pause button for Peloton is coming soon?
- It was announced that Peloton will be acquiring Precor for $420 million, giving them US based manufacturing capability plus new R&D team members with lots of experience, and a foothold into commercial and campus sales.
- A venture capital firm is predicting there will be a Peloton strength device (or Peloton Tonal competitor) released in 2021.
- The annual Year in Review, which is called “The Cooldown”, was released on Friday, with lots of personalized stats.
- The new lower cost Peloton Tread is now officially on-sale in the UK – sales start in the US & Canada next month.
- CEO John Foley published a year end letter to members, finding some highlights from 2020.
- The year-long challenge “The Annual 2021” is back, and this year badges will go at least up to 15,000 minutes.
- Several beginner programs & collections were refreshed with new content for 2021.
- The Peloton Digital free trial has temporarily been extended to be 60 days free, instead of the normal 30.
- The on-demand library and class list pages on the Bike & Tread are updated, and now you can view all sports on one page.
- The “Skip Intro” button, which was previously released for the Bike & Tread, is now available on the iOS app.
- Numerous special classes took place, or were announced, over the past two weeks, including: The Beatles, Miley Cyrus, Calvin Harris, Elvis Remix, Top 50 of 2020, Jenn Sherman’s Football rides are back, Flash 15 is back with more live classes, and Jess King had a special Jess King Experience for New Year’s Eve.
- Ally Love got engaged!
- Ally Love was also interviewed in Hamptons.com, talking about her partnership with REN skincare, the Love Squad, and being the host for the NBA team the Brooklyn Nets
- Jenn Sherman was interviewed by the The 201 Magazine, and the article is available both in Digital and in print in New Jersey.
- Monica Ruiz, who you might know better as “The Peloton Wife”, was interviewed by Today and looks back at the whole experience around the now infamous commercial. She recently celebrated her 200th ride with Jenn Sherman!
- Cody Rigsby is partnering with auto-maker GM to do some advertisements around their electric cars and clean energy initiatives.
- We interview Antonia Passmore (#BuzzyBirdUK), discussing her journey with Stage 4 breast cancer
Be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel to be the first to know when new episodes are available.
This show is for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. So let us know your feedback! You can contact us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the show, or what guests to feature in future weeks. Also, if you get a shoutout and would like to be featured in the community shoutouts section of the show, send in a video clip of your shoutout to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcript of the episode coming soon.
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.
Leave a Reply