Pelo Buddy TV is a new unofficial weekly TV show & podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 5 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 5 in your player of choice!
This week, we cover the the following topics:
- Bloomberg News reports that an announcement of the new premium bike (called the “Bike+”) and lower cost Tread (called the “Tread”) is coming very soon
- We look at the exclusive first image of the new lower cost Tread, and look at what the differences are between the lower cost Tread and the premium Tread+ (the current model)
- The new bike’s codename is Titan, while the new Tread’s codename is the Prism. We also discovered the code name “Mazu” listed, which appears to be for the Peloton Rower. We also look at GymKit support, allowing use of an Apple Watch for a heart rate monitor without third party apps
- Peloton customer support has made a statement about who will be eligible for refunds if & when the existing bike model changes in price
- Peloton’s Q4 & end of year earnings call is this upcoming Thursday
- A new “Health & Wellness Advisory Council” has been formed
- Last weekend saw a global internet outage impact Peloton, forcing them to cancel several live classes
- The Peloton Android app has been updated to allow you to view your workout history
- The Peloton iOS app has been updated with a new feature allowing you to share your completed workouts, upcoming schedule, or leaderboard tag to an Instagram Story.
- There have been various small feature tweaks made to the leaderboard over the past few weeks
- A new line of merchandise went for sale this week
- There will be a series of Wyclef Jean Peloton workouts for the next featured artist series
- A new Flash Challenge took place – the “Get Up To Get Down” challenge
- Tunde Oyeneyin has signed with a talent agency
- Robin Arzon was named to Fortune’s 40 under 40 list
- Aditi Shah was on the Today show
- Our Peloton Tip this week is from Dave Webster on how to adjust your pedals to make it easier to clip out
- Interview with Anne Dragovcic (#FearlessVixen) – Insight into her health and fitness after a cancer diagnosis and her involvement in the SweaxySwarm
Be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel to be the first to know when new episodes are available.
This show is for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. So let us know your feedback! You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear your thoughts on ways to improve the show, or what guests to feature in future weeks. Also, if you get a shoutout and would like to be featured in the community shoutouts section of the show, send in a video clip of your shoutout to email@example.com.
Transcript of the episode coming soon.
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.