Pelo Buddy TV is an unofficial weekly TV show & Peloton podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 94 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 94 in your player of choice!
This episode is hosted by Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania).
This week we cover the following Peloton news stories & updates:
- The price of the Bike+ and Tread is going up.
- However, Peloton will honor the old price for 1 week for current members.
- Over 200 customer service employees were laid off.
- Peloton is transitioning to all third party delivery (like XPO) moving forward.
- Peloton is looking at closing a large number of showrooms & retail stores next year.
- Read the full memo Peloton CEO Barry McCarthy sent to employees on Friday.
- A new weekly class schedule was announced with the goal of more consistency.
- Peloton had another outage on Wednesday.
- Assal Arian is a brand new German language Peloton strength coach.
- The full lineup & schedule for the 2022 All For One Music Fest was announced this week.
- There will be no live classes Mon-Thur (Aug 15-18) this week as Peloton prepares for AFO.
- There is a new “Welcome to Tread” in German to introduce the German community to running.
- There are reports that a new “auto-incline” feature for Tread is being tested (similar to auto-follow on Bike+).
- The next several weeks of in-person classes at the studios were made available for booking on Monday.
- An email went out offering some members the chance to buy a refurbished Peloton Bike for under $1000.`
- In Germany, Peloton has started offering refurbished bikes through eBay.
- Some members are able to buy a 2 year warranty outside the normal 1 year time frame.
- The Q4 2022 earnings call will take place on August 25th, 2022.
- Tunde Oyeneyin has a billboard in NYC.
- Happy Birthday to Olivia Amato, Christine D’Ercole, and Rebecca Kennedy this week.
Recommended Peloton Classes of the Week
Each week, our viewers along with our co-hosts Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania) share some classes that were worth checking out from the last week. You can find them below. As always keep in mind there are hundreds of classes every week, so it’s impossible for this to be a completely comprehensive list! If you have some to share, be sure to submit your favorites via a post we make in our Instagram stories either on Wednesday or Thursday nights. The leaderboard name of the member(s) who suggested it to us is at the end of each class name.
- Daniel McKenna – 45 min 2000s Tread Bootcamp – 8/4/22 @ 5:30pm ET (#Kristen372, #DanielsIrishYanks)
- Tunde Oyeneyin – 30 min Pop Ride – 8/5/22 @ 8:00am ET (#JoyfullJunnell)
- Benny Adami – 20 min Pride 365 Ride – 8/5/22 @ 11:30am ET (#_Neta_)
- Emma Lovewell – 20 min Core Strength – 8/5/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#DaisyMac)
- Hannah Frankson – 30 min 80s Ride – 8/5/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#The_Twin_Mom, #PeloKeesh, #JackieSpins18, #RozReich712, #PedalCranker)
- Christine D’Ercole – 30 min New Wave Ride – 8/5/22 @ 5:45pm ET (#WolverineCanuck, #Ji9601)
- Adrian Williams & DJ John Michael – 30 min Live DJ Run – 8/5/22 @ 7:00pm ET (#Katie_Carey, #AleishaErin)
- Alex Toussaint – 30 min Club Bangers Ride – 8/6/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#GenaBean28, #LoreLoves)
- Joslyn Thompson Rule – 30 min Lower Body Tread Bootcamp – 8/7/22 @ 6:30am ET (#TunderHolmes)
- Kirsten Ferguson – 45 min Power Walk – 8/7/22 @ 8:30am ET (#WithJenYouWin, #SarSpin_1920)
- Jenn Sherman – 30 min Yacht Rock Ride – 8/7/22 @ 9:30am ET (#PeLoHop)
- Ally Love – 30 min Pop Ride – 8/7/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#GraceDonutLook)
- Jon Hosking – 30 min EDM Run – 8/8/22 @ 7:30am ET (#Seglo3)
- Rebecca Kennedy – 10 min Core Strength – 8/8/22 @ 10:00am ET (#TradleDee85)
- Benny Adami – 60 min 80s Ride – 8/8/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#Kenny_Bania)
- Denis Morton – 30 min HIIT & Hills Ride – 8/8/22 @ 5:00pm ET (#SharkToothDiva, #86Tommy)
- Kendall Toole – 30 min HIIT & Hills Ride – 8/8/22 @ 8:00pm ET (#NJ_PETeach, #Chemo2Ironman)
- Olivia Amato – 30 min Country Pop Run – 8/9/22 @ 7:30am ET (#MelisOC, #LuvvMyCoffee)
- Assal Arian – 20 min Premiere Full Body Strength – 8/9/22 @ 11:30am ET (#KirrasKoalas)
- Callie Gullickson – 45 min Bike Bootcamp Full Body – 8/9/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#JasonD)
- Jeffrey McEachern – 30 min Tropical House Walk [German] – 8/9/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#Seglo3)
- Camila Ramon – 30 min Pop en Espasnol Ride – 8/9/22 @ 8:00pm ET (#ElisaGGonzalez)
- Matt Wilpers – 45 min Power Zone Max Ride – 8/10/22 @ 6:00am ET (#BrianA)
- Robin Arzon – 20 min Tropical House Ride – 8/10/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#KaitAroni)
- Andy Speer – 30 min Tread Bootcamp Full Body – 8/10/22 @ 5:30pm ET (#IAmKimmieHo)
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.