Pelo Buddy TV is an unofficial weekly TV show & Peloton podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 88 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 88 in your player of choice!
This episode is hosted by Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania).
This week we cover the following Peloton news stories & updates:
- Sam Yo & Erik Jager will be teaching power zone classes.
- Peloton briefly tested a new “Personalized” sort order of the on demand class library.
- The Peloton Guide got several updates this week, including support for using an Apple Watch as a heart rate monitor.
- The Apple Watch was updated and can now show the name & time remaining of the current segment of the class you are in.
- We look at how there has been fewer 45 minute rides recently than there were in the early days of Peloton.
- Peloton’s new CEO is “hopeful” about the return of the Tread+
- The Bike+ is no longer available through Peloton’s rental program online.
- Daniel McKenna will teach his first class since his injury on July 14th.
- There are a number of special classes (& a new badge) in a partnership with the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
- There are no live classes from July 3-5, and there are some “Fourth of July” classes.
- Peloton had a special “Rush” artist series on Friday in celebration of Canada Day.
- Several Peloton instructors are attending Essence Fest in New Orleans with some member meetups.
- Following our update last week, the studio booking website is now password protected.
- The Peloton stock price hit a new all-time low this week, dropping below $9.
- Peloton is having an apparel sale over the 4th of July Weekend
- Jess King sat down with Spectrum News NY1 to talk about pride, her engagement & pregnancy, the Peloton community, and more.
- Jess King also went into detail with PopSugar about her pregnancy.
- Dr. Chelsea Jackson Roberts was featured in Ebony in an article that discussed how she “Modernizes the Ancient Practice With a Hip Hop Soundtrack.”
- Christine D’Ercole will speak on a panel at BroadwayCon.
- Andy Speer got a new puppy.
Recommended Peloton Classes of the Week
Each week, our viewers along with our co-hosts Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania) share some classes that were worth checking out from the last week. You can find them below. As always keep in mind there are hundreds of classes every week, so it’s impossible for this to be a completely comprehensive list! If you have some to share, be sure to submit your favorites via a post we make in our Instagram stories either on Wednesday or Thursday nights. The leaderboard name of the member(s) who suggested it to us is at the end of each class name.
- Christine D’Ercole – 20 min New Wave Ride – 6/23/22 @ 8:30am ET (#Kenny_Bania)
- Sam Yo – 30 min Classic Rock Ride – 6/24/22 @ 2:30am ET (#Kapow_Kate, #SpinLovingMama)
- Camila Ramon – 30 min Todo Ritmo Ride [Spanish] – 6/24/22 @ 8:00am ET (#RocioSpins)
- Olivia Amato – 20 min Pop Core Strength – 6/24/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#DaisyMac)
- Jess King – 30 min Pop Punk Ride – 6/25/22 @ 9:30am ET (#KristenLuana, #WesternTheCat, #Tobin_Beissicle, #KatieTacos)
- Cliff Dwenger – 20 min Gospel Ride [English] – 6/26/22 @ 4:00am ET
- Kirsten Ferguson – 60 min Walk + Run – 6/26/22 @ 8:30am ET
- Kirra Michel – 10 min Focus Flow Yoga: Wrists – 6/26/22 @ 1:30pm ET (#BeccaDill)
- Joslyn Thompson Rule – 10 min Wimbledon Post-Run Stretch – 6/27/22 @ 2:00am ET (#Seglo3)
- Camila Ramon – 45 min HIIT & Hills Ride [English] – 6/27/22 @ 6:00am ET (#Kenny_Bania, #MarieK148)
- Kendall Toole – 30 min Hip Hop Ride – 6/27/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#RachelBlaufeld)
- Susie Chan – 30 min Soft Rock Walk – 6/28/22 @ 2:30am ET (#M1LLY, #ChrisMGiles)
- Tunde Oyeneyin – 60 min Intervals & Arms Ride – 6/28/22 @ 6:00am ET (#KathyC_713, #miss_sarah_beth, #DLePage1108)
- Jeffrey McEachern – 30 min Afrobeats Run [German] – 6/28/22 @ 12:00pm ET (#Seglo3)
- Matty Maggiacomo (Mara Thonner) – 30 min Pride Walk – 6/28/22 @ 12:30pm ET (#Seglo3, #Kenny_Bania, #PellyAnna, #KathMartorano, #RobinRA, #Pumpkin_Spicy, #MollyMo1005)
- Alex Toussaint – 30 min HIIT Ride – 6/29/22 @ 7:00am ET (#PamDaBarber, #SKS0920)
- Rebecca Kennedy – 45 min Hiking Bootcamp – 6/29/22 @ 9:30am ET (#KristenStupart, #HeidiThomps)
- Rad Lopez – 45 min Hip Hop Fully Body Srength – 6/29/22 @ 10:00am ET (#Kenny_Bania, #PaigeStafford)
- Erik Jager – 30 min Power Zone Ride [German] – 6/29/22 @ 2:30pm ET
- Ross Rayburn & Others – 10 min Pride Meditation – 6/30/22 @ 9:30am ET
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.
Leave a Reply