Pelo Buddy TV is an unofficial weekly TV show & Peloton podcast, for the Peloton community, by the Peloton community. Episode 131 is now available! You can watch the episode embedded below, or see it here directly on YouTube.
The episode is also available on all podcast platforms. Either search for “Pelo Buddy TV” in your favorite podcast app, or click the link below to head straight to Episode 131 in your player of choice!
This episode is hosted by Amanda Segal (#Seglo3) and John Prewitt (#Kenny_Bania)
This week we cover the following Peloton news stories & updates:
- Peloton is moving their showroom employees away from commission-based plans.
- Barry McCarthy said Peloton has received more than 500,000 requests for seat posts – which is more than they were expecting.
- Peloton will default people to App One starting in December unless they opt into App+
- Peloton purged 3 weeks worth of classes last week.
- Several Memorial Day classes were released on-demand in honor of Memorial Day.
- Jon Hosking & Matty Maggiacomo have a new two for one outdoor audio class.
- Peloton is having some classes for the NBA Finals with Ally Love, Alex Toussaint and Jess Sims.
- There was an artist series with the German artist CRO.
- Peloton’s rowing stretches are now also available through the Peloton app.
- Echelon is targeting Peloton users to trade in their Bikes for an Echelon device.
- Peloton is increasing the referral program to be a $200 credit until June 12th.
- People who try out a device in showrooms can buy an accessory package for $1.
- Peloton Apparel has some new items in collaboration with the Little Words Project.
- Happy Birthday to Jess King & Rad Lopez this week.
- Tunde Oyeneyin has a new partnership with Aaron Judge and A SHOC / Accelerator energy drinks.
- Jess King had her first DJ set as DJ Yass King.
- Bradley Rose was interviewed in Brain & Life Magazine.
- Congratulations to Alex Karwoski on his recent MBA graduation.
- Congratulations to Tobias Heinze on winning his age group in his half marathon last weekend.
Recommended Peloton Classes of the Week
Each week, our viewers along with our co-hosts share some classes that were worth checking out from the last week. You can find them below. As always keep in mind there are hundreds of classes every week, so it’s impossible for this to be a completely comprehensive list! If you have some to share, be sure to submit your favorites via a post we make in our Instagram stories either on Wednesday or Thursday nights. The leaderboard name of the member(s) who suggested it to us is at the end of each class name.
- Jess Sims – 15 min 90s Run – 5/25/23 @ 7:00am ET (#DippinDot22)
- Tunde Oyeneyin – 10 min Arms & Shoulders Strength – 5/25/23 @ 10:00am ET (#ShowMeSunshine, #AMAJar3, #HeatherBoss)
- Jon Hosking – 30 min At The Club Walk + Run – 5/25/23 @ 1:00pm ET (#Seglo3, #PedalToParis, #GregAndAnna, #TwinMumAna, #JGRZanko)
- Callie Gullickson – 30 min Jonas Brothers Glutes & Legs – 5/25/23 @ 6:00pm ET (#AMAJar3)
- Kendall Toole – 30 min Jonas Brothers Ride – 5/25/23 @ 7:00pm ET (#Kailey_Marie)
- Emma Lovewell – 45 min 90s Rock Ride – 5/26/23 @ 10:00am ET (#PucciMama)
- Marcel Dinkins – 30 min Memorial Day Outdoor Run – 5/26/23 @ 11:00am ET (#BackYardPeloton)
- Robin Arzon – 45 min Hike – 5/26/23 @ 3:00pm ET (#KimThousand)
- Bradley Rose – 20 min Pop Ride – 5/26/23 @ 5:00pm ET (#AllisonRoseVB, #DaisyMac)
- Rebecca Kennedy – 45 min Full Body Strength – 5/26/23 @ 6:00pm ET (#Karin.Zemskiberry)
- Benny Adami – 30 min The Little Mermaid Ride – 5/27/23 @ 3:30am ET (#DanaRunsDisney, #Sparkly813, #PandersAndy)
- Alex Toussaint – 45 min Club Bangers Ride – 5/27/23 @ 2:00pm ET (#TimeOutTammy, #Yvonne_Rodzen)
- Jenn Sherman – 45 min My Mixtape Ride – 5/28/23 @ 10:00am ET (#Rachie_Merriman, #KathyM19, #RachelSpins24)
- Camila Ramon – 30 min Pop Ride – 5/28/23 @ 12:00pm ET (#EmilyParsons, #MiikaTaughtMe)
- Jeffrey McEachern – 15 min HIIT Run [German] – 5/30/23 @ 7:00am ET (#AngelaAScott72)
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.