Peloton has a couple hundred scenic rides & runs (full list here) – which allow you to take a first-person ride through the destinations they have available. On the Bike & Tread, there is a dedicated section for these in the “More” tab. However, on the Peloton iPhone app or Peloton Android App (and others), it seems impossible to find. This leads people to ask “Can I take a scenic ride on the Peloton Digital app”
However, there is a workaround that will allow you to take the scenic workouts from your Digital app! It requires utilizing Peloton’s stacking feature – but can be done!
How to take a Peloton Scenic Ride on the Peloton App
- First, pull up the list of Peloton scenic rides on a desktop or laptop (you want to be sure you are using a web browser and it’s not opening in the Peloton app).
- Find the class you want to take, and open it on your desktop.
- Once the class opens, click the “Stack” button to add it to your stack.
- If you have other classes in your stack, be sure to move the scenic ride to the top from your desktop or laptop.
- Now on your iPhone or Android (or Apple TV / Roku / Firestick), open the Peloton Digital App
- Go to the classes tab (for the on-demand library). You’ll want to be on the page that lists the different class types (Strength/Yoga//Cardio/etc). If you already had this tab open before adding to your stack, you might need to change tabs and come back.
- At the top should be a link for “Up Next In Your Stack”. Click into it, and you should see your scenic ride and a “Start Button”
- Click the Start Button and enjoy the scenic ride from your phone!
Hopefully this workaround on how to workout with scenic classes on an iPhone or Android will make life a little easier until there is an easier way built into the app to do it!
We’ve all been there. You’ve just finished a great workout, went and took a shower, and then for whatever reason, decided you wanted to see the whole leaderboard for that class. The good news is – yes, it’s possible! The bad news is, at time of publishing, it’s not possible through the app.
To view the entire leaderboard for a workout after a class is over, (whether it’s a ride, run, bootcamp, or other class style) simply go into your profile on your Peloton Bike or Tread (or Bike+ or Peloton Tread+). Find your workout history, and click on the class you want to see your ranking or full leaderboard of. Once you have the details open, there should be a button to View Leaderboard next to your rank. Clicking that will take you back to the full leaderboard that you can browse and review however you want.
When doing a workout on the Peloton Digital iOS app, you have the ability to connect a bluetooth heart rate monitor. Once connected, in the upper corner of your app, you will then see your current heart rate during the workout, and if you’ve added your maximum heart rate, your zones as well.
However, when casting to a big screen TV from within the iOS app using the Airplay icon, the display shown on your TV no longer has your heart rate information.
An easy work around for this is to not use the Airplay icon from within the Peloton DDigital app. Instead, use the screen mirroring function from within the iOS control panel. This will display an exact copy of your Peloton Digital screen on your TV, and keep your heart rate data showing as well.
Yes, it is possible to bookmark and save classes on the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton digital app! To bookmark a class, click the ribbon at the top right of the class preview screen. The class will then be saved as bookmarked on your profile.
When searching for classes, one of the filter options is to view only the classes you have bookmarked, so you can then easily find the classes again.