Last year, Peloton introduced the ability for members to share their completed workout summaries through an Instagram story. This feature was released first for iOS last September, then for Android in November.
A recent iOS app update has made it appear that this feature has been disabled. When going to share a workout through Instagram, the Peloton app is only giving you options to send your workout to another user through a Direct Message.
Thankfully, there is an easy workaround for this: Story Sharing of Peloton workouts can still be done in iOS on the iPhone – you just have to select a second Instagram icon in the share options.
You can see this in the video below (or here on YouTube). First the default Instagram app is selected, which only gives the Direct Message option. Then we try again: going to the “More” section of sharable apps, and picking the second Instagram Icon. This opens up the Story feature.
The step by step directions on how to still share your Peloton workout to an Instagram Story on an iPhone are:
- View Your Profile in the Peloton app.
- Click Workouts, then click into the workout you want to share.
- Click the share icon in the top right.
- In the list of apps, do not pick the first Instagram icon you see. Keep scrolling to the right and select “More”.
- Scroll down in this new list. Scroll past the first Instagram icon. Pick the second Instagram icon.
- Wait a second and Instagram will open with a dynamic video of your coach with your class information & stats shown as a story.
- Share your story.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to do this each time. iOS doesn’t seem to remember your preference for which Instagram app you wish to share with – so just remember to go into the “More” options of sharing each time.
Note that at this time, it appears the beta feature for adding your own video or image underneath the stats is no longer turned on for iOS.
It seems likely this will get fixed in a future update, but in the meantime, hopefully this workaround solves the issue for you.
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.
Leave a Reply