An error case that can occur on Peloton bikes and treads is that after boot up, the screen either turns white and stays like that and doesn’t load anything else, or starts flashing or blinking a blank white screen.
Advanced trouble shooting steps involve factory reset (which won’t result in a loss of data, but can be annoying). First, we recommend you try the following steps to solve the issue – it seems to fix the error for a large number of people.
Solution for fixing the Flashing/Blinking White Screen of Death on Peloton
- Unplug the power cord from the base of your Peloton (on the Bike/Bike+, this at the very back)
- Unplug both cords that go into the back of the tablet/screen
- Press both the power button and volume up buttons at the same time. Hold both for 60 seconds
- Let go of both buttons, wait 10 seconds
- Plug both cords for the tablet back in
- Plug the power cord back into the base of your Peloton
- Press the power button on your Peloton to turn it back on and hopefully see a fully functioning screen again
If this fails to fix the issue, your next steps might be to try a factory reset, cache reset, or recovery boot. In rare cases a new screen is needed to fix the issue.