A little known feature is that it is possible to watch YouTube videos from your Peloton Bike (or Bike+, Tread, or Tread+). In fact, you can access any website you want, as there is a full web browser hidden on the screen of the Peloton!
We’ve put together a tutorial that shows you step by step how to watch YouTube videos on your Peloton Bike – although the same process can be used to acccess other websites. It’s a simple process once you’ve seen how it works.
You can find the tutorial embedded above, or via this link on our YouTube Channel
Here is the list of steps to access the web browser on the Peloton Bike and get to YouTube:
- On the home screen of your Peloton, click the icon in the bottom of right that looks like 3 dots.
- Click “About” on the popup that appears
- Tap rapidly 7 times on the bottom right of the popup that appears. This will open the Android application list
- Click “WebView Browser Tester”, which will open a web browser
- Type “YouTube.com” into the address bar, or any other website you want to visit!
If you have any questions about the above steps, we demonstrate whole process in the video tutorial above!
There are a few caveats to using the embedded browser. The one big downside is that you are unable to actually take a class (even a scenic ride), or record any data, while using the browser. So if you do this, your ride or run will not count, unless you use a mobile device and run a class concurrently on your phone at the same time you ride. There is no picture or picture or split screen mode at this time that would enable you to both participate in a class and watch a video at the same time – we can only hope this is added in the future.