Big news for those following the road to Peloton’s IPO.
In June, Peloton confidentially filed an initial draft of the IPO paperwork. Today, details of the filing were made public.
- Peloton will trade under the ticker symbol PTON.
- Peloton has 1.4 million individual users and a 95% retention rate among subscribers.
- They plan to raise $500 million in their initial offering, though this number will likely change as the IPO approaches.
- Estimates of Peloton’s value are as high as $8 billion.
- Peloton brought in $915 million in revenue in Fiscal Year 2019, up from $435 million in FY2018. Subscription charges made up $181 million of FY2019 revenue, up from $80 million in FY2018.
- Peloton reported $249 million in losses in FY2019, which a significant jump from $47.9 million in FY2018. Peloton claims that this is largely due to an increased advertising push in order to reach a larger audience.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as more information becomes available about the IPO timeline.