Big news for those following the road to Peloton’s IPO.
In June, Peloton confidentially filed an initial draft of the IPO paperwork. Today, details of the filing were made public.
There is a lot to unpack in the documentation and many financial news sites and tech blogs have in-depth coverage, but here is what we know now:
- Peloton will trade under the ticker symbol PTON.
- Peloton has 1.4 million individual users and a 95% retention rate among subscribers.
- They plan to raise $500 million in their initial offering, though this number will likely change as the IPO approaches.
- Estimates of Peloton’s value are as high as $8 billion.
- Peloton brought in $915 million in revenue in Fiscal Year 2019, up from $435 million in FY2018. Subscription charges made up $181 million of FY2019 revenue, up from $80 million in FY2018.
- Peloton reported $249 million in losses in FY2019, which a significant jump from $47.9 million in FY2018. Peloton claims that this is largely due to an increased advertising push in order to reach a larger audience.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as more information becomes available about the IPO timeline.
Want to be sure to never miss any Peloton news? Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest Peloton updates & Peloton rumors sent directly to your inbox.
Leave a Reply