The Week in Review is a round-up of interesting tidbits from the Peloton universe. We share some of these stories via our Facebook page, Facebook group, and Instagram, but not all of it makes it there so be sure to check in weekly for the latest!
Peloton news from the last week
- Artist Series Ride: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Emma will be teaching a bike class Wednesday at 6:30pm ET, and Selena will be teaching a tread class Thursday at 5:30pm, both featuring the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Artist Series Ride: Paul McCartney & Wings with Denis Morton – Friday saw the 2nd Artist Series ride of 2019, with Denis Morton leading a 30 minute ride featuring Paul McCartney & Wings
- Peloton Down for Maintenance – All Peloton services & websites were down on Friday, 7/19 for about an hour at 1am ET for planned scheduled maintenance. No specific word on what it was fixing or adding
- Howard Stern is debating getting a Peloton – Not the first time Peloton has been brought up on the Howard Stern show, but the most recent. Jenn Sherman shared some thoughts on the topic via her Instagram page
- Peloton launches Outdoor Voices collection – Peloton launched a new clothing line in collaboration with Outdoor Voices, featuring Jess, Olivia, and Matt as the models.
Other interesting fitness tidbits
- Delta gets ride of $150 fee for sporting equipment baggage – With this change, it should now be free to check your bicycle on both Delta and American Airlines
- Mountain biker jumps over the Tour de France. Apparently this is becoming somewhat of an annual tradition.
- Strava cuts off Relive – A lot of he-said, she-said going on, but many will be sad to see the easiest integration into the visualizations Relive provided end
- The Incredible Tech Behind This Year’s Tour de France Bikes – A look at some of the different types of bikes in use during the Tour de France
- Commentating the Tour de France is an Ironman sport – A detailed look into the Tour de France from the eyes of the commentators